The government intention behind the FSSAI license is that the food material is produced in a safe environment with the added fact that it is safe for the public health on the account of consumption. The licensing falls under the central government where a non executive person takes care of the licensing part.
Incase the food materials are imported in nature, then the food importer in India can include the FSSAI number pertaining to their business along with from where the product was imported from with the custom clearance in order.
At Legit Filings we provide you a hassle free FSSAI registration process which would be dealt by our professionals within a time frame of 1-2 days and is subjective to governmental processing time. Our team takes care of the documents and aids in provide you the realistic estimation of cost for FSSAI license online.
TYPES OF FOOD LICENSE (FSSAI) REGISTRATION IN INDIA :
FSSAI Basic Registration
- The Food business operators like food manufacturers and small-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc are required to obtain the FSSAI Registration.
- The FSSAI Registration is issued by the State Government. Depending upon the eligibility, an FBO can fall under the State or Central Registration license Service. It is mostly for the units having an annual turnover more than 12 lakhs. Although there are other criteria.
FSSAI State License
- The State License is issued by the State Government and it is important that you have operations in only 1 state, in order to obtain the State license. It is thus mostly for the units having an annual turnover of more than 12 lakh.
- Food business operators like small to medium sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc. are however required to obtain the Fssai State License. FSSAI State License is easy to obtain with proper document.
FSSAI Central License
- Food business operators imports 100% Export Oriented Units, large manufacturers, operators in Central Government agencies, airports, seaports etc are however required to obtain a Central Food License.
- The Central license is issued by the Central Government. Furthermore, FBOs have to obtain the Central License form their head office in case operation is in more than 1 state. It is thus mostly for the units who are having an annual turnover which is greater than 20 crores.